Stay Up-to-Date on Your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Continuing professional development (CPD) points are to be obtained by all practising architects. Points can be obtained by attending CPD presentations, such as those approved by the Architectural Information Services (AIS).
Why Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
CPD requirements are in place to keep practising architects updated on:
- Changing codes and standards;
- Updates to best practice;
- New technology, and;
- New products and materials.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Presentations
CPD presentations must be accredited to ensure they satisfy strict criteria regarding their educational content. Manufacturers and industry experts can deliver CPD:
- In-house, at the firm’s location, i.e. board room.
- At industry events such as conferences and expos, i.e. Equinox.
Niche Product Manufacturers Provide Value to CPD
Manufacturers of niche products are experts in their fields. To maintain their positions, top manufacturers must stay current and lead in innovation, technology and consumer demands. As such, their presentations are rich and full of value.
Specialist manufacturers such as Danpal Australia can provide insight into:
- Relevant changes to Australian building codes and standards;
- Emerging trends;
- Innovative solutions for major architectural challenges such as climate change;
- Latest research and evidence;
- Best practice for working with particular materials/products, and;
- The evolving governmental and cultural changes which are influencing the future of architecture.
Expert Light Architecture Consultations
The depth of knowledge and skills specialist manufacturers can provide is invaluable. As pioneers in light architecture with unparalleled industry knowledge, Danpal Australia can provide expertise on:
- Climate change – defining the issue in Australia and what it means for Australian architecture.
- Wet weather events including cyclones, and bushfires in Australia and New Zealand – wind load, moisture and vapour control, fire hazards, UV requirements.
- How the health of the building’s user can be improved through architectural design.
- Strategies for incorporating light architecture into the design from the outset of a project.
Build your firm’s knowledge and skill base with a Danpal CPD Presentation. Click here to see the latest offering and to book.