Intelligent Daylighting Solution
The Controlite® Roof system is more than just roofing, it intelligently controls the amount of light and thus solar energy transmitted into a space using Danpalon® technology. Throughout the day, the Controlite® Roof system adjusts itself in response to changing conditions. This ingenious system is far superior to the traditional use of transparent roofing.
Comfort, Convenience, Control
Unique Panel Design
Controlite® is a translucent Roof system comprised of two polycarbonate panels: a special panel with operable internal louvres underneath Danpalon® Microcell 16mm thick 1040mm wide glazing panels that provide complete weather protection.
The system uses motorised internal louvres to give complete control over the transfer of heat into a building while optimising daylight transmission levels. The system can withstand the harshest climatic extremes while protecting the building and occupants from UV radiation, weather events and extreme temperatures.
Light Optimisation for Roofing
Controlite® Roof system contain an external sensor that detects the direction of the sun and internal sensors that register the level of light inside the building. The intelligent system then balances light levels, heat gain and shading to transmit appropriately filtered light, ensuring a comfortable indoor environment.
Traditional glazing surfaces reflect the low angle light in the morning, afternoon, and winter. They also introduce too much solar radiation at noon, when the angle of incidence is high. The Controlite® Roof optimises sunlight by adjusting the position of the louvres to suit the angle of the sun’s rays if necessary.
- Low angle of incidence (morning, afternoon, winter): the Controlite® Roof system sets the position of the louvres to transmit the maximum amount of daylight.
- High angle of incidence (noon): the louvres reflect solar radiation to achieve the perfect balance of light and comfort, reducing heat gain and saving energy costs.
Best of Both Worlds
Controlite® Roof system delivers optimal comfort by controlling daylight transmission and solar heat gain with rotating internal louvres. The louvres adjust with the seasons and the time of day, maximising daylight in winter and blocking solar in summer.
The panels can be used to cover larger translucent areas in any building, optimising light and heat – whatever the season.
Enclose Outdoor Areas in Comfort
The Controlite® Roof system adapts to changing light conditions throughout the day for effective control of light, shade and solar heat gain; creating a comfortable environment. The system uniformly transmits diffused light, reduces rain noise, and up to 93% of solar heat gain can be blocked.
Integrates Sustainable Design
The panels in the Controlite® Roof system integrate into energy-efficient building design, allowing architects and designers to earn credit points with green building rating systems.
- Optimal Comfort in Changing Daylight Conditions For Improved User Comfort
- Unique Internal Louvres
- No Visible Aluminium Connections on The Exterior Side
- Cover Large Roof Areas
- Withstands Weather and Temperature Extremes
- Natural Temperature Management
- High Thermal Insulation
- Superior Air and Water Tightness
- Variable Levels of Light Transmission
- Energy Saving
- Sustainable Design
- Mechanisms Are Easy to Access and Maintain
- Incorporates Danpalon® Microcell 16mm Panels
Typical System Drawings: